If you have forgotten your UAN password or it has expired, you can change the EPFO UAN password by following the steps below, if you already have the UAN ID (12-digit Number). The same password can also be used to log into the member Passbook portal to check the PF account balance also
Table of Contents
- EPFO & PF UAN Password Change/Reset
- Change/Reset EPF Passbook Password
- UAN Login Process
- PF Balance Check without UAN
- PF Password Reset Common Issues & FAQ
EPFO & PF UAN Password Change/Reset
- Go to the UAN member portal page & then click on the Forgot Password link for the UAN account.
- Enter the 12-digit UAN number for your PF account and the Captcha, then click “Submit”.
- Enter the Name and Date of Birth as in your UAN PF account, then choose “Gender”. Click on the “Verify” button.
- Enter the Aadhaar number, CAPTCHA, and then click on the “Verify” button
- If your name matches your Aadhaar and if your Aadhaar number is correctly seeded in UAN, a “Details validated” message will be displayed on the screen as shown
- Enter the Aadhaar-linked mobile number and then click on “Get OTP”
- “OTP Sent Successfully” message will be displayed and you need to enter the OTP and then click on “Verify” as shown in the below screenshot
- Now enter the new password twice in the new and confirm password, then click on Submit
- Once you click on Submit, you will get a message stating that your password has changed successfully then you can log in with your new password to UAN Portal
If you are trying to check your passbook balance, you can do it without using the UAN number.
Change/Reset EPF Passbook Password
The UAN password is the same as the EPFO Passbook password, you can use the same UAN password to log into the EPFO Member Passbook portal. If you have just changed the UAN password, you must wait 6 hours before logging into the Passbook portal to check your PF Balance. (You can also check your PF balance without using the UAN number)
UAN Login Process
After the password has been changed, you can log into the UAN Member portal by following the below steps.
- Go to the UAN member portal
- Enter the UAN Member ID and Password, then click on Login
- Enter the OTP sent to your mobile number along with Captcha, then click on Submit
- You will be logged into the UAN portal.
PF Balance Check without UAN
You can also check your PF Balance without UAN provided your Aadhaar-linked mobile number is updated in the UAN member portal.
PF Password Reset Common Issues & FAQ
Unable to reset Password due to name mismatch
The solution for this sort of problem is to do a name change on your PF account from the Employers end based on your Aadhaar and this may take anywhere from 1-2 months as it needs to go through multiple levels of approvals
Mobile Number Change – Unable to change the PF Password
PF Password reset OTP will be sent to your Aadhaar-linked mobile number, if you are not the owner of the mobile number in your Aadhaar account, try to update your mobile in your Aadhaar which will enable you to reset the EPFO UAN Password by following the above steps!
Aadhaar Number mismatch in UAN account
If your Aadhaar Number is different in your UAN account, then reach out to your Employer they will be able to update your Aadhaar from the Employer portal! Once Aadhaar is updated, you will be able to reset the UAN password!
Not able to reset the Password due to Date of Birth mismatch
This is a common issue where members won’t be able to reset the password due to a Date of Birth mismatch. To fix this, reach out to your Employer and ask them to update your Date of Birth through the Employer portal. Once the Date of Birth is updated, you will be able to reset the password by following the above process!
Not able to login into the Passbook portal with UAN Password
The UAN Member portal and Passbook member portal have the same password, if you have reset or changed your UAN member portal password, then you may need to wait for 6 hours to use the same password to log into the Passbook member portal