Name change in the EPF account

Sometimes our name might have incorrectly entered in the EPF database.To change your name in the EPF account you have to follow the below process

a) Any one of the Below supporting documents needs to be providing

PAN card

  • Voters Identity card
  • Passport
  • Driving License
  • EPSIC Card
  • Aaadhar card
  • Bank Passbook
  • Ration Card
  • Any school/education certificateCertificate issued by Registrar of Birth & Death
  • Certificate based on the service records of the Central/State Government Organization.
  • Copy of electricity/water/telephone bill in the name of the claimant.


b) Request from Employer as well as Employee for Changing the name of the Employee


c) People need to contact Local EPFO field office for requesting the name change along with supporting documents mentioned above

You may also like...

139 Responses

  1. PINTU PASWAN says:

    sir mera una portel me date of birth, gender,date of joining and leving , father name , missing hai aour hum apna establisment office ko correction form ve submit kiye but koi solution nahi ho pa raha hai hum kya kare sir plesh help sir

  2. Namachivayam N says:

    My company was closed. The employer shifted to another place. I try to link aadhar in uan but name does not match only inidial msg in uan. But change procedures req employers request. How can i change name. Please help me

  3. Ramakrishna says:

    Sir this is Ramakrishna. i entered my pan card details in kyc then i got one error msg. that msg is pan verification failed. (Name against UAN does not match with the NAME in Incom Tax Deportmet). Sir aadhaar verification is done and bank account is done. My NAME is same in UAN and PAN CARD but i got that error msg. I tried many times but pan verification is failed. What is the reason please solve my problem.

    Thank you.

  4. bariya anilbhai amrutbhai says:

    UAN no 100099371746
    Name submit old name bariya anil
    New name add bariya anilbhai amrutbhai

  5. Umeshvar singh says:

    Mera P.F office me name UMESHWAR hai lekin adhar me mera name-UMESHVAR of withdrawal karane me koi dikat aayegi

  6. Mohammed Mudassar says:

    Hi… I need to know that, could I with draw my pf amount of there is a change in name. I means My correct name is Mohammed Mudassar but at UAN it’s Mohammed Muddasar, only one alphabet is changing that’s all, & even my Adhar, pan card and bank account details are linked with it, in those all my correct name is Mohammed Mudassar..can u plz say do it possible or need to recorrection my name.


  • This website is not an "EPF Office" Website
  • This website is a private site which acts as Guide for EPF questions
  • Post all your complaints on actual EPF complaints portal

  • Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

    Comment moderation is enabled. Your comment may take some time to appear.