Closing EPF account
by Shan · Published · Updated
A EPF account cannot be opened and closed like a normal Bank account.
It can be closed only in either of two ways
a) When the Employee is no more (Dead)
b) When the Employee has left he job with the Employer
And now with UAN being issued for all the employees it very difficult to close EPF accounts as every new Employer will ask for the UAN from your previous Employer as it’s being made mandatory.
You may also like...
by Shan · Published · Last modified May 7, 2018
- How to apply for Online EPF Withdrawal for Corona Virus Relief
- EPF Withdrawal Process for Corona Virus Relief
- How to Claim EPF amount for Corona Virus Relief (COVID-19)
- No EMI’s for 3 months till July 1st,2022
- No charges for not maintaining Minimum Balance in Savings account- April to June 2021
- ATM Fee waived for 3 months
- Govt to pay EPF contribution for the next 3 months