Closing EPF account
by Shan · Published · Updated
A EPF account cannot be opened and closed like a normal Bank account.
It can be closed only in either of two ways
a) When the Employee is no more (Dead)
b) When the Employee has left he job with the Employer
And now with UAN being issued for all the employees it very difficult to close EPF accounts as every new Employer will ask for the UAN from your previous Employer as it’s being made mandatory.
You may also like...
by Shan · Published · Last modified August 9, 2017
by Shan · Published · Last modified May 7, 2018
by Shan · Published · Last modified June 3, 2019
- Early Salary – Instant Short Personal Loan in 2 hrs
- Finance Ministry ratifies 8.65% interest rate for EPF in the year 2018-19
- Single Emergency Helpline Number “112” launched for India
- Tax on EPF Withdrawal if less than 50,000
- Updating Aadhaar in EPF UAN Portal
- Linking Aadhaar,Mobile phone numbers with Bank account is not mandatory
- Indian Railways ticket cancellation charges less than 12 hours before departure of the train
- Indian Railways Ticket Cancellation charges – 48 to 12 hrs before the departure of train
- Indian Railways ticket cancellation charges 48 hours before departure of the train
- List of Exempted companies who need not pay any EPF