Skip to content
Home > Travel > Dubai Transit Visa

Dubai Transit Visa

    Transit Visa for Dubai/UAE is needed for those countries who are not eligible for Visa on Arrival in Dubai. This doesn’t include countries in GCC (Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar and Saudi Arabia). Certain Indian Citizens who hold Visas of other countries also need not apply for Transit Visa but rest need to apply for it if they are transiting through Dubai.

    Citizens of Countries exempt from Transit Visa: Andorra, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Bahamas, Bahrain, Barbados, Belarus, Belgium, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, El Salvador, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Honduras, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Kazakhstan, Kiribati, Korea, (South), Kuwait, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Maldives, Malta, Mauritius, Mexico, Monaco, Montenegro, Nauru, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Oman, Paraguay, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, Russian Federation,St. Vincent and the Grenadines, San Marino, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Seychelles, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Solomon Islands, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Ukraine, United Kingdom, United States, Uruguay, Vatican City.

    If your country doesn’t belong to above list then you may need to apply for Transit Visa through any of the airlines (Emirates,Ethihad, FlyDubai, AirArabia).Transit visa is issued for either 48 hours or for 96 hrs for passengers transiting through any of the UAE Airports (Dubai, AbuDhabi).

    Transit Visa for 48 hrs (2 days) is free of cost . If the transit visa is for 96 hours (4days) then a charge of AED 50 is applied.Transit Visas are not extendable or renewable. If you have 48 hr Transit visa then it can’t be extended for 96 hrs! So make sure you leave Dubai within 48 hours from arrival. (If you are applying through Emirates or Etihad their rates may differ as they also include processing fees for applying Transit Visa)

    To get a transit visa, you may need a Passport, Photo with White Background and ticket booking to another country (This should be different from the country you are arriving from).