Employees Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) allows you to change or correct your name in your PF account via the EPFO UAN Member e-Sewa Portal. If your name doesn’t match your bank account or aadhaar name then you might not be able to avail of some of the EPFO services like PF Transfer and PF withdrawal.
Table of Contents
- Name Change in the PF UAN Portal
- Supporting Documents Needed for PF Name Change
- Update the Father’s name in the PF UAN Account
- PF Name change taking more than 3 weeks
- New PF Process for Name Change
Name Change in the PF UAN Portal
- Go to the UAN Portal, Log in with your UAN ID and Password
- Once logged in, Click on “Manage” and then click on “Modify Basic Details“
- Enter the Name you want to update UAN on the right side and then click on the Update
- A message would displayed stating “Pending for Approval by Employer”
- Contact the Employer and ask them to approve the changes and provide them with the supporting documents.
- After the employer has approved, the change needs to be approved by the Field Office. (This might take more than 3 weeks)
Supporting Documents Needed for PF Name Change
Due to a lot of irregularities happening in the name change process, EPFO has come out with a new process where they might classify a name change into minor and major. There would be also a portal feature that would enable the members to supporting documents for the name change.
Any of the supporting documents need to be furnished to the Employer for the name change: Aadhaar, Passport, Bank Statement, Birth Certificate, etc.,
Update the Father’s name in the PF UAN Account
For updating your father’s name in the PF account, the process is slightly different as you may need to download the Joint Declaration form with proof and send it to the PF Office. See more on How to update Father’s name in the PF UAN portal
PF Name change taking more than 3 weeks
This is expected as the name change will go through multiple levels of approvers in the PF Office. First, it would be approved by the Clerk, then it would be approved by the Section Supervisor, then by the Accounts Officer, Assistant Commissioner, and lastly by the PF Commissioner. (This may take more than 5 weeks in some cases)
New PF Process for Name Change
This is a new yet-to-be-introduced process in the EPFO portal where there would be an option for Employees/Employers to upload joint declarations along with supporting documents like Aadhaar, Birth Certificate, and Driving License etc.,