PF Accounts of the members may be become dormant or inactive when no PF contribution is made towards the PF Account linked to the UAN number in the 3 months. There also certain other conditions in which the PF accounts may be become dormant and called as “In-Operative” Accounts.
Table of Contents
In Operative PF Accounts – Conditions & Reasons
The conditions are as follows
- Member has not withdrawn money within 3 years after leaving the company
- Member has died before 36 months but the claim has not been filed or settled
- Amount remitted to a person has been undelivered or not have been claimed back
- Employer has not made any contribution to the account (for 36 months)
- Any amount due to a member from the Employer which has not been settled after the clai
Under all these circumstances the PF account will become an “Inoperative Account“. You may need to file a PF grievance complaint to know about the status of your any in operative PF accounts connected to your UAN.
Withdrawing Money from an In Operative PF Account
Since the PF accounts are linked with UAN and the UAN is in-turn linked with Aadhaar. Any money in the in-operative PF account can be easily withdrawn by following the normal process to withdraw the money from the PF accounts.
Incase if you are encountering any issues, file a Grievance complaint at EPF Grievance Portal