What is EPS – Employees Pension Scheme Explained
EPS otherwise known as Employees Pension scheme is one of the flaghship schemes of EPFO. It was started in 1995 and it’s designed to assure Employees get a minimum pension after their retirement or after 10 years of service.(subject to some conditions)
Features of EPS
- 8.33% of the Salary(Basic+DA) contributed by the Employer
- 1.16% of the Salary contributed by the Central Govt
- Pension to Member
- Pension to Family Member (On Death)
- Scheme certificate for a member (who has not attained 58 years of age)
- EPS Pension is eligible for a member only after 10 yrs of service and 50 age
- LifeLong Pension for the EPF Member
I want to know the form to be filled in for getting entitlement of revised EPS 1995. I retired on 17th September, 1951 after completing the age of 58. My present pension is 1690/- only. My code is DL/2333/1024 and PPO No. MP/IND/36693.
Kindly advise. My e mail id is email@example.com
R B Srivastava
Please contact your Local EPF Office
Note: we are group of individuals who are running this site to help people understand more about EPF and we are no way connected with EPF Office!