Though EPFO has come out with a new process for updating the Father’s name online via the UAN portal, it has not been implemented (It may take another 5-6 months for the implementation of the new process).Here is the current process using which you can update Father’s name in the UAN PF account.
Steps to change/update Father’s name in the UAN PF account (Current Process)
- Download the Joint Declaration form from the PF portal
- Fill up the Joint Declaration form with the Correct Fathers name
- The Joint Declaration form should be attested by both Employee and Employer
- The Joint Declaration form should be attached with any of the Self Attested Supporting documents
- Voter Identity Card
- Driving License
- Aadhaar Card
- Once the form is submitted to EPFO Field office, the correction will be made by EPFO
- The Joint Declaration form which has to be signed by both Employee and Employer
- Once the joint declaration form has been sent to EPFO office, it will take anywhere between 7 days to 15 working days to make the correction in your UAN portal
Joint Declaration form for changing Father’s name can be downloaded from here (or) you can reach out to the PF Office (or) your employer to know more about this. Father’s name is essential for processing of claims an other details.