Universal Account Number(UAN) is a 12-digit unique ID that is assigned to each EPFO member during their lifetime. A member can have only 1 UAN in their lifetime. There are 2 ways in which you can activate the UAN as noted below
Table of Contents
Activate UAN by the UAN number
- Go to the UAN PF Member portal
- Scroll to the important links section, under which click on “Activate UAN”
- Enter the UAN number, Captcha, and then click on “Get the Authorization Pin”
- Once you have validated the OTP received on your mobile, UAN will be activated and the Password will be sent to your Mobile number. (If your UAN has been already activated, you will get an error message)
- After activating the UAN, you can log into the UAN Member Portal to check the UAN details.
Activate UAN by PF Member ID
- Go to the UAN PF Member portal and scroll to important links section, then click on “Activate UAN”
- Choose “PF Member ID” and Name as in Aadhaar along with other details such as Date of Birth
- Click on “Get Authorization Pin” and then validate the OTP that has been sent to your mobile number.
- Once the OTP is validated, your UAN will be activated
UAN Portal & EPF Member Passbook Login
Once the UAN is activated, you can log into the UAN EPFO Member portal to check the basic details. To check your PF Balance, you need to log into the EPFO Member Passbook portal using the same UAN password.