EPFO Employer Responsibilities
These are the responsibilities of an Employer (Company) and if they deviate from any of the below responsibilities then employees can report to the EPF Office or file a Complaint
Responsibilities of an Employer
- Any Company (Organization) greater than 20 members on it’s rolls should register (some establishments are exempted)
- Registration is on-line, free of cost and hassle free. No requirement of visiting EPF office
- PAN is mandatory for registration. Digitally sign and upload requisite documents.
- Update establishment/owner particulars – online (FORM 5A)
- Timely payment of EPF dues
- Establishments using Bank credit from any Scheduled Commercial Bank are required to furnish an annual certificate to their auditors
- Enrolment of all eligible employees on its rolls (regular or contractual) – wages upto Rs 15,000
- New employee already a member of EPF from his/her previous employment would continue to
remain EPF member.
- Confirm remittance status of contractual employees belonging to an EPF registered
establishment before releasing payment to such contractors.
- Enroll employees drawing wages more than 15,000, if they so desire.
- Verify and confirm that all employees have KYC (Aadhaar, Bank Account, PAN) compliant UAN
(Universal Account Number).
- Generate UAN for new employee and upload KYC information
- Update family particulars and nomination of all employees who are EPF members.
- Deduct employee share from employee wages, add matching employer contribution, EDLI contribution and administrative charges and remit to EPF along with prescribed return immediately after disbursement of salary. (last date 15th of the month).
- If employee is having UAN but no KYC, collect and upload KYC.